Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Unhealthy Attachments Lead to Unhappy Results

I will be the first to admit that every time I have formed unhealthy attachments in life, it has invariably led to trouble! Trouble such as resentment, fear, anger, discouragement, low self-esteem, and limiting beliefs, which all seem to be the potential result of unhealthy attachments! One day, I just got frustrated enough to say, “I’ve had it, I’m sick and tired of the disappointments,” and started to explore what it would be like to live a life free of these upsets.
When we feel like we’ve been rejected or our goals remain unrealized, we can become discouraged and think something out there in the world is holding us back, doesn’t want us to succeed, doesn’t think we’re good enough to be paid for our talents, etc. Because our desired results were not produced, at least that is the illusion, we become a victim. Eventually we give up on the hopes and dreams we’ve had because victims just can’t win.

No comments: